Journal Entry 03 – Representing Your Home

Although I would love to call another city “home”, I do miss the city that I grew up – Xi’an city. Below are a few images from the internet and my phone to represent this city.

头条问答- 罗大佑和李宗盛到底谁更牛?(26个回答)
美食、古迹、兵马俑:一个外国人的西安之旅- 纽约时报中文网

The first image shows how advances and prosperous this city is. In fact, it is one of the biggest technological advanced regions in China. The second image shows how much history Xi’an holds. It has thousands of years of history, and it has been the capital city of China for many dynasties. The third image is where I grew up – in a very famous (the best) university in Xi’an. My grandparents still live there, in a building where the exterior is old but the interior is very new and beautiful. I have a very strong emotional attachment to this city, and I used to go back every summer.

Now that I think about it, my representation of Xi’an is pretty much identical to its tourism representations. Tourism marketing for Xi’an has indeed, always been about its history and technological advancement. Also, it gains tourists for having a very famous university. In fact, every advantage that I think this city has is represented in its image and brand as a tourism destinations. Judging from the results and my observations, the DMOs is definitely doing a wonderful job.